Tuesday, July 5, 2011

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils - Swatches and Reviews





A while ago, MAC released a limited range of big mechanic eye pencils called shadestick and brought back a few times in their recent collections. Shadesticks are color eye pencils that you use as eyeshadows alone for as bases to give more following vibrant colors. I remember that I wanted them so bad because I have the same problem with color pay-off on my eyes, especially with the more colorful ones. However, not until I reached my hands on them, there were some negative reviews on the products, mainly on the pigmentation. 
Right away, I read some reccomendations beside the reviews to NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils as dupes. I know they are famous items and it’s boring to review them again but whatever, get started:

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil
Retail Price: $4.50 (at http://www.nyxcosmetics.com), super affordable.
Color range: 28 shades
Ingredients: Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A., Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Carmine (CI75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI77288), Ultramarine Blue (CI77007), Ferric Ferrocyanid (CI77510), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI42090), D&C Red No.6 (CI15850), D&C Red No.7 Ca Lake (CI15850), D&C Red No.27 Al Lack (CI45410:1). 
(Yes, they have parabens here)

Shades that I have:
  • Black Bean: a basic pigmented black, even when blended out. 
  • Milk: a creamy white with no yellow undertone, a must-have multi-purpose item for my everyday makeup.
  • Pots and pans: a metallic silver with little shimmers. This shade is beautiful but your need a good primer underneath to keep them pigmented when blend out. 
Overview: They are extremely pigmented. I was totally knocked out in the first application. Look at my first picture, the pigmentation is more than those crayons', seriously, but surely much creamier. On the other side, they do crease, so you have to get a good primer (who doesn’t?).
Yes or No? YES YES YES. If you are a makeup junkie, you need them. They complete the look for my high pigmentation request. I can’t wait to get some more interesting colors in their wide range of choices. 
Score: A (less creasing would be a plus)
Bonus: They are big pencils and you have to get their sharpener to fit but I’ve seen some tutorials on Youtube showed you how to depot them. If you hate mess and wastefulness, head to Youtube now but I never dare to play with fire haha (literally). 

Black Bean, Milk, Pots & Pans
Black Bean

Pots & Pans
Milk

0 comments:

Post a Comment